You can set your background of your computer’s desktop to any color, image or slideshow. The following are the steps required to Change Desktop Background in Windows 10.
Change the background of your desktop in Windows 10
When you install a new PC, it will be sporting that background of blue Windows 10 desktop background that is the most popular background for users.
Although the blue default Windows 10 wallpaper is good to view Many users would like to experiment with different backgrounds, colors or even their preferred images for backgrounds for their desktops on their PCs.
Therefore, we have provided below the steps for changing your desktop backgrounds on Windows 10 to any Colour wallpaper or photo.
1. Change Desktop Background Wallpaper
Windows 10 comes with its own desktop wallpapers for your desktop that you can utilize to alter the background of your desktop on your computer.
1. Click on the Start button and then click on Settings in the Start menu.
2. On the Settings screen, select the Personalization tab.
3. On the next screen, click Background (1) in the left pane. In the right-pane, select the downward arrow (2) under the Background section. Select Picture for the Background type.
4. Under ‘Choose your Picture in the section ‘Choose your Picture’, you’ll be able to see additional wallpapers that are available in your personal computer. Choose your Wallpaper (3) you would like to make your new background for your desktop on your computer.
Under the Choose a Fit (4) section You can modify the image by choosing from Fit, Fill, Stretch and more options.
2. Change the background of your desktop to solid Colour
Instead of showing pictures Some users prefer to show Solid Colour as the desktop background on their computers.
The use of Colour as a background for your desktop, reduces the use of resources and makes desktop icons more prominent and easy to locate.
1. Open Settings > click on the Personalization tab.
2. On the next screen, select Background (1) in the left pane. In the right-pane, choose Solid Color (2) as the background type.
3. Under ‘Choose your background colour’ you have the option of choosing from 24 Colours or design a Custom Color of your preference.
3. Change Desktop Background to Slideshow
1. Go to Settings > Personalization > click Background (1) in the left pane. In the right-pane, choose Slideshow (2) to be the default background. Click to browse (3) option.
2. On the next screen, choose the folder that has photos that you wish to add to the slideshow.
After you have selected your pictures, you can choose the Photo changing interval for your Slideshow by selecting the desired duration under the Change the picture each (4) area (See the image above in item#1).
The slideshow can be set to switch pictures every one minute or 10 minutes or 30 minutes. It can also be set to change every an hour, six hours or up to a day.
4. Set Any Photo to be the background for your desktop
1. Go to Settings > Personalization, then click Background (1) in the left pane. In the right-hand pane, choose Picture (2) to be the background. Click upon the Browse (3) icon.
2. On the next screen, you can choose the Photo you would like to use as a background for your desktop on your computer.
3. After selecting background Photo, you will be able modify your background’s layout by pressing the downward arrow (4) under the ‘Choose a suitable layout’ and then selecting one of the choices.
- Fill Desktop background images will cover the desktop (image can be reduced or enlarged) in size)
- Size: The image will be of the same size
- Tile This image repeats, filling the entire desktop
- Stretch As with fill the image can stretch in order to accommodate on the desktop
- Central: The image will be located at the centre of the screen
- span: The image will be able to span across the desktop
You can test all choices to understand them and pick one that fits you the best.
5. Right-click to set any image as Desktop Background
Another awesome feature in Windows 10 is that you can choose any Photo that is on your computer to serve as your desktop background by pressing the appropriate button.
1. Right-click on the Photo you wish to use as a background for your desktop on your PC and choose the Set As Desktop Background option within the right-click menu.
2. The selected Photo will appear as your Desktop background on your PC.