The most recent version of WhatsApp (v.2.16.118) permits users to respond to individual messages within a Group chat. Below are the steps for replying to messages in a WhatsApp Group chat, both on iPhone or Android Phone.
Reply to Individual Messages in WhatsApp Group
There was previously no simple method of replying to messages in the WhatsApp Group chat which led to confusion about the person who was replying to whom. In this type of configuration, there was always the possibility to cause confusion or even serious miscommunication among Group Members.
Let’s suppose that you logged into the contents of your WhatsApp account and saw an email from a Group chat saying that “Canada Won the World Cup Hockey!”. Naturally, if you’re Canadian you would respond “Great” or something similar in that vein and then close your mobile.
But, unnoticed to you, the messages from this Group chat may be displayed in the following order other members of this group: WhatsApp Group:-
- “Canada Won the World Cup of Hockey” – Tom, Canadian
- “Sad day US Lost the World Cup Final” – John, American
- “Great! I am overjoyed” Your response to Tom
Although your response was intended for the first Message but it was posted in the following Message and made it appear terrible as if your intention was to put it on the Americans.
This kind of scenario, and more serious ones could be played out during a chat group. It is a good thing that you can be safe from embarrassment and confusion by replying to specific messages on WhatsApp.
Reply to Individual Messages in WhatsApp Group On iPhone
Follow these steps to reply to individual or specific WhatsApp Group Messages on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the WhatsApp Group chat application on your iPhone.
2. Next, long click or double tap the specific message in the Chat group Chat you wish to respond to.
3. From the Menu which shows at the top click on Reply (See the image below)
4. Next, type your response to the Message and then tap Send (See the image below)
Your response will appear within the context of the message you chosen to respond to. Therefore, the other member and all members of the Group will be able to discern what Message you’re trying to respond to.
Reply to Individual Messages in WhatsApp Group On Android Phone
Follow the steps below to respond to individual or specific WhatsApp Group messages from either your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the WhatsApp Group chat app on the Android Phone.
2. Next, Tap and hold on the specific message that you wish to respond to.
3. From the Menu which is at the very top of your screen, tap Reply.
4. Next, type your message’s reply and click on the send button.
Because you selected a specific message to respond to, your response will appear in the context of the message you are responding to.