Skype from Microsoft’s Skype App has a tendency to begin with your PC and then run in the background. Below are the steps for stopping Skype to stop running as a Background within Windows 10.
To stop Skype from running in the background in Windows 10
There are various Skype versions. Skype as well as the methods you need to take to stop Skype being run Background will depend upon the particular version of Skype which is running on your computer.
In general, Skype users have been able to report 3 various Skype versions. Skype and all three versions of Skype can be prevented from running as background applications on an Windows 10 computer.
1. Stop the Skype Desktop Application from running in Background
After you have downloaded and started using Skype on the Desktop Version of Skype It will keep your account signed in and running in backgroundmode, even when you close the app window.
1. Open Skype Desktop Application > Sign-in to Skype by using Your Microsoft Account (in the event that you’re not already signed in).
2. Once you are signed in, click the More icon at the top of the menu bar and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. On the Settings screen, click the toggle next to Automatically begin Skype, Launch Skype in the background. Upon closing the window, set the Skype running options in the OFF position.
4. Restart your computer to apply this change.
After this, Skype will be unable to automatically start and keep working in background on your PC.
2. Make sure to stop Skype Business from Running in the background
Like Skype’s Desktop App, Skype For Business is created to ensure you’re signed in and working in background.
1. Start Skype For Business and sign-in to your account (in the event that you’re not already signed in).
2. Once you are authenticated, click the button that says Down Arrow (next to the wheel icon) then click Tools followed by clicking Options.
3. On the options screen, click the Personal tab on the side-menu and uncheck Automatically Launch the App when I connect to Windows and then start it. You can also select Start the App in the options for the background.
4. Click on OK to save these settings to Skype Business App and restart your computer.
Once you have done this, you’ll no longer see Skype for Business starting automatically and running in the background of your PC.
This will prevent Skype For Business from running in the background and draining resource on your Computer.
3. The Skype preview application must be stopped running in the background
When you sign in for Skype Preview, it keeps your account active and continues to run in the background. One way you can stop Skype Preview from running in background is to sign out to Skype Preview.
1. Click on the Start button, scroll through the listing of apps and then click Skype Preview.
2. On the next screen, click on the Profile icon, then select the option to sign out from the menu that pops up.
After you have logged out from Skype Preview, you won’t be able to see the application to start automatically when you connect your PC and running in the background.