If you’re switching to a new Phone it is necessary to transfer all of your WhatsApp messages from the old phone to the new Android Phone. Here are the steps needed to transfer WhatsApp to Android and to Android.
Transfer WhatsApp From Android to Android
The easiest method for transferring WhatsApp to Android and Android is to backup WhatsApp on Google Drive on your old Phone and then use that Backup to restore WhatsApp on your new Phone.
Another method to transfer WhatsApp to your New Phone is to backup WhatsApp to an SD Card on your old Android Phone and Restore WhatsApp using the SD Card on your New Phone.
1. Transfer WhatsApp to a New Android Phone Using Google Drive
As previously mentioned this method will require you to save WhatsApp onto Google Drive on your current Phone and then restore WhatsApp on your New Android Phone using this Backup.
1. Open WhatsApp on your old Android Phone > tap on three dots menu icon and then choose Settings from the dropdown menu.
2. From the Settings screen, select Chats > Backup of Chat, then tap the Backup button for Google Drive.
3. On the pop choose “Only when I press Backup” or any other backup frequency. Then, select the Gmail account you have.
4. Next, tap on the Backup button to begin backup of WhatsApp into Google Drive.
Notification: Select Include Videos If your Google Drive account has enough within the Google Drive Account. Google Drive Account to backup videos that are attached to WhatsApp Messages.
5. Delete WhatsApp on your new Android Phone (if it is already installed).
6. Next, open Google Play Store and download WhatsApp onto the New Android Phone.
7. Once the download is complete then start WhatsApp and tap Agree and continue.
8. On the next screen, choose the Country, then enter your phone number and click next.
9.If prompted, verify your phone number by entering a 6-digit verification codes that are that will be sent to your phone number.
10. On the next screen, click Next button to begin the process of restoring WhatsApp on your new Android Phone.
Wait patiently until to allow the Restore process to be complete. After the Restore Process has been complete, you will see all of your WhatsApp Chats in your new Android Phone.
2. Transfer WhatsApp to a New Android Phone Using SD Card
As a default feature, WhatsApp saves an encrypted backup to an SD Card in Android phones equipped with SD Card slots.
Therefore that, if both your new and current Android Phone have MicroSD Card slots and you want to use this SD Card to transfer WhatsApp to your New Phone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your old Android Phone > tap on the 3-dots icon, then choose Settings from the menu drop down.
2. From the Settings screen, click Chats > Backup of Chat, then tap the Backup button to initiate backup of WhatsApp to an SD Card.
3. After the Backup is completed, take out your SD Card from Old Phone and then insert your SD Card into your New Android Phone.
4. Delete WhatsApp on your new Android Phone (if it is already installed).
5. Next, open Google Play Store and download WhatsApp onto Your New Android Phone.
6. Once the App is installed and opened, you can start WhatsApp and then tap Agree & Proceed.
7. On the next screen, choose the Country, then enter your Phone Number , then click on Next.
Notice: Your Phone Number must be exactly the same as the one that was on your previous Phone.
8.If prompted, verify your phone number by entering a the 6-digit verification number that is for your Phone Number.
9. On the next screen, press Next button to begin the process of restoring WhatsApp to your new Android Phone.
When when the Restore Process is completed, you’ll be able to access all your WhatsApp Chats in your new Android Phone.